Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Health Benefits of Malunggay "The Miracle Tree"

Scientific name: 
Moringa oelifera


Malunggay is a widely cultivated plant in the Philippines. It is also known as Moringa, West Indian Tree, horseradish tree, ben oil tree, drumstick tree, la mu (Mandarin), arzan taiga (Burkina Faso), windi bundu (Niger), among others.

Malunggay is a very nutritious plant and its benefits have been acknowledged by nutritionist, dietitians, and nutrition researchers. Considered as a miracle plant, the tea derived from this plant has higher levels of flavanoids or polyphenols. These are anti-oxidants that can help detoxify your body and strengthen the immune system.

Malunggay trees are generally grown in the backyards in countries of Southeast Asia, Central and South America , and Africa. It is said that these plants are "low maintenance," requiring little to no care.

Health Benefits


Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
Malunggay can help restores skin condition, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
Malunggay tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
Malunggay tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
Malunggay tea can prevent intestinal worms.
Malunggay can help increase semen count.
Malunggay help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
Malunggay helps relax and promotes good night sleep.
Malunggay tea is used to treat fever and asthma.
Malunggay help heals ulcers.
Malunggay is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea.
Malunggay contains three times the potassium in bananas.
Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots.
An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk.
Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water.

Making Malunggay Tea - Step by Step Process

Step 1: Harvesting of Leaves

Collection and harvesting of fresh leaves of the Malunggay tree is easy. Just pick the compound leaves from the tree branch. The leaves come off from the branches quite easily. Special tools are not needed to do this step. You have to pick the greenest mature leaves and make sure to remove those that have signs of yellowing. It is up to you to harvest as much or as little as you want.

Step 2: Sorting

Place the harvested leaves in a clean dry pan. Shake the leaves to remove dust or cobwebs. Then carefully pick and remove impurities such as dirt, twigs, and small insects like ants.

Step 3: Air-drying

After sorting and cleaning your harvest, transfer the leaves into a larger flat container for air-drying. Place the container in a shaded and cool area. Do not sun-dry the leaves. This is important because sun-drying can diminish the nutritional content of the leaves. Air-drying takes about three days. After the third day, the leaves will become wilted and they’re ready for crushing.

Step 4: Crushing

Get a fine wire mesh and place the wilted Malunggay leaves on top of it. Start the crushing process by vigorously shaking the leaves on the wire mesh. This will remove more impurities from the leaves and will eliminate leaf petioles that were shed during the drying process.

Step 5: Pan-drying

Pan-drying removes moisture to make the leaves brittle. The process deactivates oxidative enzymes and prevents the leaves from rotting. The application of heat also stops the growth of molds. This is a delicate step and proper care must be followed to ensure that the leaves will retain their flavor and nutritional value.

Place the pan over low fire and allow it to get warm for about one to two minutes. Pour the dried leaves into the pan and continuously turn them over for about three minutes. Quickly remove the completely dried leaves from the pan and place them in a clean open container to cool.

Note: You have the option to further crush the dried leaves to make them more powdery. If you don’t want a powdery consistency, just allow the leaves to cool so you can prepare them for packaging and storage.

Step 6: Packaging and Storage

Moringa tea is best stored in an air-tight colored glass container. This is done to minimize oxidation, increase shelf-life, and to retain the full flavor of the brew. You can buy small tea bags and pack each bag with two teaspoonfuls of the dried leaves. If you do not have tea bags or you don’t want to use one, storing the tea in a glass container will do. Just make sure to use a thoroughly dry teaspoon for scooping the tea leaves.

Step 7: Brewing

When brewing, it is best not to boil the leaves so that you can get the full nutritional benefits of Malunggay tea. What you need to do is to steep two teaspoonful of Malunggay tea in boiling water. Allow the leaves to settle at the bottom of the cup before drinking the brew. You can add honey or sugar to the brew if you want a sweet-tasting tea.

Final Words

All parts of the malunggay tree are usable for nutritional and medicinal purposes - from the roots, trunk, and branches to the leaves, flowers, and seeds. The small, oval, dark-green leaves are famous vegetable ingredient in soup, fish and chicken dishes. The leaves can actually be eaten raw, but best added in meals due to its high concentration of nutrients. The roots is used to make tea, while the trunk, after it's scraped and squeezed for its juice is used to clean wounds.

Yes, you can use it on your skin too as it helps rejuvinate it. In fact, a number of skin toners, creams, lotions and cleansers contain malunggay extracts. The best thing here is that it’s completely natural and safe.

Here is a simple home remedy for those nasty pimples.

Get as much malunggay leaves as you can for the day and then juice it. You can do so by grinding it with a mortar and pestle and then adding enough warm water. You can apply it directly to your face and leave it for 10 minutes. You can also use a small towel or tissue dipped in the malunggay juice. Afterwards, you can rinse your face with your regular cleanser.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The root can cause paralyze
    Take note

    ReplyDelete
  3. T5RX It allows for blood to pass more freely between cells and makes your skin cells are more durable. It a great example of solving two problems with one factor. Both help men get better erections and sustain love making with no trouble. Creatine is definitely the best muscle building supplement available in the market today and the cheap. http://www.strongtesterone.com/t5rx/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to share with you all on how Dr Itua saves my life with his powerful Herbal medicines, I was diagnosed of Oral/Ovarian Cancer which i suffered from for 5 years with no positive treatment until when My son came to me in the hospital when i was laying down on my dying bed waiting for god to call out my name to join him in heaven.
    My son was so excited that very day he came across Dr Itua on Blogspot, we decided to give him a try although we Americans are so scared to trust Africans but i really have no choice that time to choose life in between so we gave a try to Dr Itua Herbal medicines, god wiling he was a good man with a god gift. Dr Itua send us the herbal medicine it was three bottles. I take it for three weeks instructor and this herbal medicines heal me, cure my Oral/Ovarian Cancer completely I have been living for 9 months now with healthy life no more symptoms.
    I'm sponsoring Dr Itua in LA Advert on Cancer patent seminar which my son will be participating too and other patent Dr Itua has cured from all kind of human disease, also if you are sick from disease like,Epilepsy,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Brain cancer,Hiv,. Vaginal cancer,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,,Bladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis,Vulvar cancer,Ovarian cancer,,Sinus cancer, Here Is The Wonderful Healer Contact. Name_ Doctor Itua, Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, Phone/WhatsApp: +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say the spiritual control the physical, you have to understand that is true seeing what is happening around the world today you will see that it beyond the physical realm, so I have to protect my family members and myself from contacting this virus with protection spell. You too can protect your family and yourself from contacting the virus today with the protection spell. Contact Dr. Ekpen Temple today for the spell at ekpentemple@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
    I'm here to testify about what DR. ANUGE did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. Anuge on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. ANUGE assured me that i will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. Anuge for help. Email} dranuge@gmail.com WhatsApp /call +2348164866838

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m recommending Dr Godday to everyone who have herpes virus to get the cure from him. I was diagnose of genital herpes in 2015 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the disease because i did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Godday herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through courier and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE. I waited another month and retested the result was still NEGATIVE and my doctor told me that am completely free from herpes. Am so happy and grateful to Dr Godday for what he has done for me and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. You can contact Dr Godday on email and WhatsApp to get the cure from him. Email:goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/What’s-app +1{919}4956404

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is
    guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell
    you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious
    why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is
    it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry
    with your health practitioner, it's really not their
    fault. They can only practice what they're told to
    practice, right?When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom
    foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it
    in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout
    attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new
    perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure the following diseases: Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic.
    As Dr Itua assure me that all those disease below that he guaranty 100% permanent cure to all these disease I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are suffering from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on whatsapp: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome @gmail. com

    ReplyDelete